New software for the YouView Humax box is now available and will be rolled out across all Retail boxes over the next couple of weeks. This is a phased roll out so some boxes will get the update sooner than others. The software will be available on YouView boxes from BT and TalkTalk shortly afterwards.
This software release includes a number of improvements including:
- The introduction of Live TV content into the Search Function. You will be able to search for programmes from the Guide that are on-air now or on-air within the next 7 days. The results will appear in a separate 'On Now & Next' tab and when selecting a programme from the results that’s on-air now, you have the option to tune to the channel. If it hasn’t aired yet, you have the option to set a recording or a reminder. On Demand results will be presented as they are currently in an 'On Demand' tab. (Tabs will be hidden when they don't contain any results)
- Support for Dolby surround sound over HDMI. You will be able to enable surround sound over the HDMI connecter through a new setting.
- Addition of an HDMI setting to allow you to address problems that some TV sets may encounter when connecting via HDMI. The HDMI Display Setting (under TV Signal & Quality) allows you to set an output preference of 1080p, 1080i, or 720p.
- Software Update notification. In the event that a future software update has not taken place automatically, YouView will prompt you to update to the latest YouView Software version (your box must be connected to the internet to see this prompt)
You can check if you have the latest version by pressing the YouView button on your remote control, navigate to Settings > System Information > Software Versions.
If you see the following, then you have successfully upgraded and do not need to do anything else:
Manufacturer Software: 9.5.0
Component Software: 1.2.6
Platform configuration: 312
ISP Configuration: 1
If your box displays different software versions, you can perform a manual update by navigating to Settings > Device Management > Software Update > Get Update, and pressing OK.
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) combines video and audio into a single digital interface for use with set-top boxes, digital television (DTV) players, DVD players and other audio-visual devices.