Please keep to the following rules when participating in the YouView Community:
- Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organisational structure of our community. Posts that our moderators consider have been placed incorrectly will be moved or deleted. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed or moved.
- You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. Such links are only allowed in signatures and profiles, but may not be referred to in posts.
- Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
- As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally.
- Political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
- When posting and linking to images, videos, files, etc., please refrain from hotlinking. This is the direct linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into your post. This practice costs the server owner money and resources.
- Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments, hostile or insulting interaction, as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don’t agree with it, say why – respectfully. Don’t just tell them they’re wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like “there is no argument” as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like “Are you serious?” and “Are you kidding me?” Remember, this is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each post to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it contains a valid, well thought out opinion.We do not allow threads to be started to discuss who or what is the most overrated, who or what is your least favourite, etc.
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping are not permitted.
- We know that people will leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time. When this happens we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community unless requested. In this circumstance please contact the YouView community moderator who will make the necessary changes on the system. If you request us to make any changes to your account in line with your subject access rights under privacy law then our moderator will process these changes. After the account has been closed, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
- The moderators have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please use the change log to talk through any issues and we will review the situation. You can also contact us privately at email@example.com.
- Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums!
- The YouView Community is not an appropriate place to discuss YouView’s technology roadmap. Please don’t ask questions or make comments about our roadmap, as we will not respond to them and your comments may be removed.
• issue you with a warning;
• delete posts or threads;
• temporarily suspend your account; or
• deactivate your account.
YouView’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.