This policy explains:
- what information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- how we use that information; and
- how to access and update that information.
Who we are
In this policy “we”, “us” or “our” refers to YouView TV Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 7308805 and with its registered office address at 3rd Floor, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6YT, UK and “you” or “your” refers to you as the applicant or candidate.
Types of information we collect
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be produced by YouView TV Limited during the application or recruitment process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to YouView and/or any previous employment history with YouView.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by YouView for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at YouView;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to YouView’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of YouView, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with YouView, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
We consider that the legal basis for using your personal information is that such use is necessary either: (a) in order to process your application; or (b) for our legitimate interests as described above.
How long we store your data
We will use and store information about you as set out in this policy for the duration of your application process and thereafter for a period of six months. However, if you have attended an interview we will keep a copy of this alongside your name for a period of two years.
Who may have access to your information
- If you have been referred for a job at YouView by a current YouView employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the YouView employee know the outcome of the process.
- YouView may also use service providers acting on YouView’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- YouView may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with third parties if we have your consent, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of YouView, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to YouView.
YouView takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
From time to time, some of our service providers may provide services to us from territories that are outside the UK or the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), such as the USA. Territories outside the UK and EEA may not offer the same level of protection for personal information as the UK or members of the EEA.
However, if we provide any Personal Data about you to any such non-EEA service providers, we take appropriate measures to ensure those service providers protect your personal information adequately. These measures include:
(a) in the case of USA based service providers, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield (see further https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome); or
(b) in the case of service providers based in other countries outside the EEA or USA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
Updating your information
YouView may retain your information to consider you for other jobs at YouView which you may be interested in in the future. If you do not want us to retain your information, or want us to update it, please contact email@example.com.
You may contact us using the above email address at any time, to request that we:
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
- Provide you with further details about how we process your personal information;
- Provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you;
- Update/correct any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- Restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- Provide your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability);
- Provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you; and
- Consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
Your request must include your name, email address and postal address, and we may request proof of your identity. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that some information may be retained if required by law.
If you have any questions about how we collect, use or store your personal information you can contact us by phone at: 0333 313 2278, by post at: 3rd Floor, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6YT or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Data Protection Officer is Christina Pettit who can be contacted using the above methods.
Making a complaint
You may make a complaint to a supervisory body for data protection matters in the country in which you are based. In the UK, this would be the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (http://ico.org.uk/). Alternatively you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. Each version of this policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date.